@HikerHaynes

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hiking Trails of Cape Breton - Reprinting

In less than one year, the initial print run of Hiking Trails of Cape Breton has either sold or been distributed to the point where a reprint is required. That means more than 3,000 copies have found their way into the hands of outdoor enthusiasts. To those who have obtained a copy, I hope that you like the book, and have found it useful. And to those of you who have yet to get one - it's not too late!

The book has been available to the public since its launch in July 2012. In all that time, I have received no notice of any errors. As pleasing as that is, as an author, to think that you published a work with no mistakes, I know that this is something exceedingly rare. Mistakes are common, from minor misspellings to more important changes in details about the routes themselves.

So, I am requesting to anyone who has a copy of Hiking Trails of Cape Breton - or any of my books - if you know of an error, please let me know, especially in the case of the Cape Breton work. Errors can be corrected during a reprint, ensuring that future hikers have the most accurate information available. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

P.S. Can anybody identify this photo? (Hint: It is on Cape Breton Island.)

2 comments:

  1. I like Hiking Trails of Cape Breton, it has lots of good info. I think you should reconsider the difficulty rating for Middle Head trail which you rated as "1". It is much more difficult than Skyline which you rated "2". Others have rated Middle Head 2C. It is misleading for people to tackle it thinking it is a 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! gorgeous pictures! and thanks for the tips! I'd love to go there someday!

    Bryce Canyon Hiking Trials

    ReplyDelete